Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Waiting for the result....

February 17.
However much you convince yourself that everything is fine, there's a little niggle lurking deep inside. It keeps popping up and you just have to bat it away and keep thinking positive. I AM FINE!! NEVER BEEN HEALTHIER!!!

Dr Ward said she'd have the results by Thursday but on Wednesday afternoon I couldn't stand it any more and called. By pure chance the results had just been faxed over. Oh good (deep yoga breathing). "There's good news and there's bad news". Oh for heavens sake, not one of those options. Well the good news is always the place to start in my opinion because then you have something to hang on to while you hear the bad. But she started with the bad news anyway, which was that there was a lobular carcinoma in my breast. Being a cancer neophyte, I hadn't the faintest idea what that could be but it had a nice round sound to it. Lobular. Rolled around in the mouth. Okey dokey. So what's the good news? It's estrogen positive so treatment after the lumpectomy will be radiation for a few weeks.

While she was talking I decided to clean the cat litter pan, just to keep myself grounded. Peter hovered in the door sending me good vibes. This was all so mystifying. How could I possibly have cancer when I felt absolutely fine?

No comments:

Post a Comment