Monday, March 29, 2010

Thank goodness for girlfriends!

March 9, 2010
Women are absolutely the best! There's an understanding between women that is impossible to put into words. Like an underground river, deep and powerful, connecting feelings, dramas, joy and sadness. Even if you have only one woman friend, you are never alone!

One of the best things about my rowing club is the women. (Any male members reading this..... I love you too!!). We come in a range of shapes, ages and sizes, different backgrounds, professions and interests, united by our common bond as oarswomen. We train together, compete against each other and spend happy days on riverbanks cheering our teams at regattas.

It didn't take long for word to get out that things weren't 100% in my breast department, and I was buoyed by a huge wave of positive thought for my surgery. My good friend L, also a cancer warrior, asked if people could come to see me for breakfast one day. I was thrilled, of course I wanted to see everyone! And thank goodness for the warning - gave me time to vacuum the floors!

The energy from a roomful of women is almost tangible. I was too sore to hug anyone, but there was a lot of mental hugging and healing coming my way. Girlfriends are the best!! Thank you to all my wonderful friends. You are sending me fantastic vibes. Don't stop!!

No comments:

Post a Comment